Study in Universities in Australia

Australia is recognized as the third top destination for many UK students who want to study outside the continent. The country has a total of four private universities and 38 public universities. All of them are offering high standard tertiary qualifications. Eight of these universities are included in the 2014-15 QS World University Rankings top 100 list. Among these universities are the Australian National University, University of Sydney and University of Melbourne. One advantage of choosing to study in Australia is that the country does not have a central application system for those that do not have Australian qualifications.
VISA Regulations
Students planning to study in Australia must have a VISA, which is only issued to applicants who are accepted on the registered course. Those holders of UK passport are required to obtain a Higher Education: Temporary VISA – Evaluation Level 1. The cost of applying for the VISA is AU$565 and it will remain for the duration of the classes.
Other requirements must also be met for a student to study in Australia. These requirements are financial support, medical health test, character reference, and English language skills. Students with UK passport are exempted from the last requirement.
What it Costs, the Application Process and Student VISA Requirements
One thing about Australian universities is that they are not cheap. International students may be required to pay an average amount of US$10,500 for their tuition fees. The cost may also vary depending on the chosen university as well as on the subject studies.

Since there is state or federal-level application system created for international students, interested applicants can proceed to applying directly to their choice of university. The Australian Student VISA an applicant must apply for also depends on the course type they wish to pursue. For instance, international students who are after an undergraduate degree are required to get a Higher Education Sector: Temporary VISA (Subclass 573) VISA. While those planning to pursue a master’s degree by doctorate or research is required to get Postgraduate Research Sector VISA (Subclass 574)

0 Response to "Study in Universities in Australia"

Post a Comment